Join us for a day full of fun as we wrap up summer with our annual arts festival. The tenth North Winton Village Festival of the Arts will take place Saturday, September 17, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Linear Garden between East Main St. (next to Summit Federal Credit Union) and Mayfield St. (near the Winfield Grill). Here are ten tips to help make it an enjoyable experience for you, your family, and friends.
1. Need a little extra cash for that one-of-a-kind craft? ATMs are available at Summit Federal Credit Union by the Linear Garden arch, and at ESL Federal Credit Union across East Main St.
2. Dress for a warm day, but bring an umbrella: The weather calls for a high temperature near 80 with occasional showers.
3. Festival parking is available on-street and in the plaza across East Main St. (except for designated spaces). Or, you can always walk (see umbrella note above).
4. Jimmy Highsmith, Jr. and Fatima are the headlining musicians again this year. If you saw them last year, you’ll know why we’re so glad to have them back.
5. Will there be food? Yes, there will be food. And there are a few restaurants and bars nearby in case you didn’t know….
6. Take your time and browse. You won’t need to stress about crowds and traffic at our little festival.
7. Bring your kids. There will be a bounce house and music all day long. Also, the Winton Branch Library is just a block from the festival and is open from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
8. You can help make next year’s arts festival happen. The festival is made possible by many generous businesses and individuals. Take a look at our poster and let them know you appreciate their support.
9. Follow the North Winton Village Association Facebook page for updates, photos, and other neighborhood news.
10. Let us know what you like about the festival and what we could do better. Email your feedback to info(at-symbol)northwinton.org.
Bonus Tip: If you share pictures of the festival on social media, be sure to tag our Facebook page, @northwinton on Twitter, and @northwintonvillage on Instagram, and/or use the tag #nwvfestival.*
* Neighborhood Twitter and Instagram accounts are not affiliated with the North Winton Village Association.
The RPD are looking for two suspects in a forged check investigation at Citizens Bank, 175 North Winton Rd. Please call 911 if you know anything about the suspected forgers.
Please spread the word. Starting this September, neighborhood meetings will move to the first Thursday of the month at 11:30 a.m. and the third Thursday at 6:00 p.m. All meetings will take place at the Neighborhood Safety Center at 1933 East Main Street.
Neighborhood meetings are a good way to ask questions and express your concerns about crime, safety, and other issues with the neighborhood association and law enforcement.
Opioid abuse is rising in Rochester and around the country. On Monday, September 12, learn what you should do when you see an overdose in progress through free training provided by Strong Memorial Hospital. Contact County Legislator and neighborhood resident James Sheppard to R.S.V.P.
Click flyer to enlarge.
According to the Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester now has a local Kiva crowdfunding operation that may help area entrepreneurs with strong business ideas to fund their startup business. If you’re interested in learning about funding through Kiva, please read the D&C article, visit Kiva.org, and read the flyer below.
Via CPO Brian Cannon:
The Goodman Section – Neighborhood Service Center – will be holding a Community Outreach at 180 Newcastle Road on Thursday, August 18th from five o’clock to seven o’clock. We will be walking in the neighborhood, and inviting residents to meet us, receive information, and to share concerns with us. We will also be conducting Operation Safe Child at the command vehicle. If there are any questions, please call 311 or the Neighborhood Service Center at 428-7640.
A sketch of the layout for the 2016 North Winton Village Festival of the arts has been released indicating the location of the booths and features such as the stage and kids area.
The Festival of the Arts is coming Saturday, September 17, 2016 to Linear Garden between East Main St. and Mayfield St.
Click image to enlarge.
Thanks to all who helped plant and clean last week in order to help beautify our neighborhood. Here are some photos from the event: …
Read More Read More
Learn about Greenlight Networks, which has been adding high-speed internet services to certain area neighborhoods.*
Wednesday, July 27
St. John the Evangelist553 Humboldt St.
*Meeting is hosted by neighbor, Marty Petrella. It is not a North Winton Village Association meeting.
Saturday, May 7
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Browncroft Baptist Church
420 North Winton Rd. …
Read More Read More